Learning to Trust.

 This year has been quite a year for us.  Living during a pandemic while losing you income while starting your own business has been hard.  I know for everyone everywhere this pandemic has had an effect someway or another. 

For us it was hard when James' company went bankrupt and closed their doors. This was income for eight and a half years. Losing your income and insurance is hard. During this time though James has worked at making a dream become a reality.  And at the end of November James opened A Little Leaven. 

Opening  the bakery has been an adjustment for us. We are still working things out, but we have had a few sales. James is selling danishes and he is hoping to sell doughnuts soon. While yes he is working I am also searching for a job to help supplement our income. 

This has been a season of trusting God. We have not gone without. Things have been provided for. We have been living month to month which is hard to do. We lived like this when we first got married and before we moved to Alaska.  Doing it now is a lot different when you have children. Having to make sure we have a food and a warm place to sleep is a little more stressful. Trying to not worry how we are going to make it the next month makes me stress a little more.  I have been trying lately not to stress and have faith that God will provide for us. I honestly have felt a little bit of peace for about a week, but when I look at the calendar and see that we are half way through December warning triggers start and I start to feel the stress. 

I have been looking for jobs, but haven't heard any yet. I also feel that I am unqualified for jobs out here because I haven't worked in nine years and before that I worked in a factory. I do have an associates degree, but I still don't know what I want to do. 

Anyways I do want to say that I have some amazing family and friends that are praying for us and are there for me when I need to talk. I do need to give a shout out to my niece. She sent me a text earlier this week asking me to read Matthew 6::31-34. Here are the verses. 

Matthew 6:31-36

31 So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 32 For the idolaters[a] eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God[b] and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. 34 Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


SO as I sit and reflect on these verses I am going to end this and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. May 2021 be a bright year for you all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the end

My need for Fellowship.

Trusting.